Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Cherry blossoms

The Washington DC Cherry Blossom Festival took place this weekend and a friend and I decided to check it out (who knows if I'll ever be back in DC this time of year again?). The crowds were overwhelming - throngs of thousands. But I do believe the blossoms were worth it!


The Washington Monument!
The Jefferson Memorial!
Martin Luther King!
MLK - really, an inspiration.
And this image of the Washington Monument was lingering in my camera - I took it just about a month ago.  
We had a really great time, even if we were tripping over the crowds. We had lunch downtown and then afternoon coffee late in the day before I headed home on the metro for an hour of deciphering a Spanish text before dropping into bed.

I really feel fortunate that opportunities like this are so readily available. Life is good, and I'm grateful for every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment