Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Little Things

I'm happy to report that, after over seven weeks in country, we now have Internet and cable in our apartment! HURRAY! You just don't realize how much you're addicted to something until you are forced to go without it. Don't judge me.

And - drum roll, please - we have our car! I was walking out of the Embassy on Friday afternoon and the guy in charge of car shipments pulled me aside and asked if I could come back at 4:00 to pick up the vehicle. Naturally, I eagerly agreed. (Okay, it was actually R who would go back, but the eager sentiment still applies.)

So we've been out driving the city two days in a row (complete with diplomatic license plates, and a pull-over by the police ... but that's another story) and are currently watching an NFL football game with announcers calling the game in Spanish. Love!

Hola, otra vez, mi fiel amigo! You can't really tell from this photo, but it's tucked safely into a cozy parking spot in our building's garage.
...And just for a bit of randomness: The "Super Moon" from our balcony, the morning after the eclipse.

No comments:

Post a Comment