Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Lahore - Week Twenty-Eight

I have been afforded a rare opportunity to work temporarily in Lahore as the sole consular officer. The work is entirely in American Citizen Services (ACS) - I've been adjudicating passport renewals and deciding Citizen Report of Birth Abroad applications, two things with which I am familiar, given my ACS work in the Dominican Republic. In addition, I've been helping U.S. citizens who have needed assistance in this part of Pakistan.

I came to Lahore on June 6; the drive took nearly five hours and I arrived around supper time on that day. I'll return to Islamabad on June 22. I've especially enjoyed working with the small cadre of people in this close-knit environment, something I haven't experienced since R and I worked at the Embassy in Bulgaria in the late 90s. I really like a team environment.. It's extreme lock-down, though, so I don't think I'll have the opportunity to go out and see much of the city, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment