Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Islamabad - Week Twenty-Two

R and I went to dinner at the Marriott Hotel with friends over the weekend - really good Thai food and fun company. I had to skip the opportunity to see the new Avengers movie (because it didn't start until 9 p.m. and I tend to wilt around then), but we did make a point of having a cocktail in the "speakeasy" that's in the hotel. There are no signs, and you have to go down some sketchy steps to a sports-themed bar, but it's a bar nonetheless! (I was disappointed that I didn't have to know a special series of knocks and passwords - that would have been fun.)


Oooooh, 80s neon!
And on Sunday the 29th, R and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary. Coincidentally, the DCM was hosting a shindig at his residence that day, so we took advantage of the opportunity to take a photo in their pretty yard - if it appears we are glowing, it's because we love each other! Oh, and because it was nearly 100 degrees out. Welcome to a Pakistan spring!

My one and only!


No comments:

Post a Comment