Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Puerto Rico, Day Three

I rose early and headed into the heart of San Juan for my consultation with USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services). What an interesting morning - I had an great conversation with an officer about rampant document fraud, and then was able to observe two interviews that were conducted in order to confirm the validity of relationships. I can already tell I'm going to love this kind of work. :)

R picked me up after the consultation and we headed out to see old San Juan. In Spanish: me gusta mucho Old San Juan. We spent a few hours roaming about the Castillo de San Cristobal and the Cementerio de Santa Maria Magdalena de Pazzis. I love cemeteries, so I had a grand old time while R waited patiently, probably wishing he were somewhere else.

The streets of old San Juan.
Christopher Columbus, doing his discovery thing.
The view from the Castillo.
Looking toward the city.
Is it just me, or does this look like an Andrew Wyeth painting?
A stiff wind, to be sure.
I really love this view.
The castle offered really amazing vantage points.
This was inside of one of the buildings, and is my favorite photo of the day. I'm seriously considering having it enlarged and framed.
An overview of the cemetery.
I was really struck by the amazing statuary.
The flag and the sea.
I particularly like this photo.
A last photo of the juxtaposition of the headstones and the wide open ocean.
We really had a marvelous time and loved our visit to the old city. We had lunch at a little place near the Columbus statue and enjoyed walking around taking in the view and the history of the place. We're already making plans to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment