Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Punta Cana

There's thunder and rain in Santo Domingo as I write this. No beach weather this Saturday, to be sure!

But the embassy was closed on Monday, May 2 for the observance of Dominican Labor Day, so a friend and I headed out to Punta Cana for the long weekend. We stayed in a beautiful condo with beach access and a swimming pool and, while my friend ventured off to go scuba diving, I pretty much just lazed about for three straight days - lying in the sun and reading. We went into town one night for dinner, and we played a couple of games of Scrabble in the evenings. It was pretty great just to relax without any agenda whatsoever.

I have to say that Punta Cana is pretty good at simulating a U.S. experience here in the DR. Everywhere we went was clean and organized, and the driving was not nearly as chaotic as in the capital.

The view from our patio.
A short walk a way.
The pool with the beach beyond.
Caribbean life.
R & I plan to go back to Punta Cana this fall. It's only a two hour drive from the capital and worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment